The morning routine is the same as Monday’s.
- Read emails, check blog stats and read RSS feeds while it’s quiet before anyone else is up
- Unload the dishwasher (and reload with the breakfast stuff)
- Quickly wipe the toilets and sinks
- Put a load in the washing machine
- Wipe the kitchen worktop and table
- Check the calendar and my to-dos in Things for the day
- Check my list of meals for the week (to see if I need to take anything out the freezer or buy something later)
I do the week’s shopping on the way home from work on a Tuesday. Then, the afternoon is much the same as Monday’s except for the deep-cleaning jobs.
- Hang out the washing on the line or put it in the tumble dryer, depending on the weather.
- 15 minutes decluttering/tidying in “deep clean area” for the week, i.e. for this week the children’s bedrooms, their bathroom and the downstairs toilet
- Monthly deep-cleaning jobs: dusting the children’s bedrooms and bathroom; wiping fingermarks off the walls and doors
- Get the dried washing and do 15 minutes ironing
- Process my in-basket (GTD style)
- Make dinner
Finally, the before-bed routine. Every day it is the same:
- Put the dishwasher on
- Wipe down the kitchen worktops/hob
- Check what’s for dinner tomorrow in case I need to take something out the freezer to defrost overnight in the fridge
- Check the calendar for tomorrow
- Decide what to wear tomorrow
- Clear the “hotspots”